Saturday 14 January 2012

The Most Creative Hairdresser in Chapala, Mexico

                                                                 by Nancy Snipper   
               

Her name is Karla, and I discovered her by chance. I had just climbed down the mountain leading off the main street in wonderful Chapala. The view from the top gave me a 360- degree vista of Chapala’s stunning enormous lake that is the focal point of this city in Jalisco province.
Estetica Karla’s is just on the main street that ascends up to the base of the mountain.
She and her daughter have been working together and their combined experience offers more than 22 years of cutting, styling and colouring hair.
I walked in and told Karla to give me something funky, fun and lively.
She began mixing colours using at least three different bowls and after two hours, my dark drab hair was no longer. I was full of golden streaks, strategically placed to give me a wow effect. It was a 240-karat job as far as I was concerned. Then, Karla told me she couldn’t let me leave without applying makeup. This was on the house. Oh my God, I felt like a movie star. I must have looked like one too, for when I left; a woman on the street was staring at me. I asked her in Spanish why she was staring at me. Her reply was simple: “Eres Bella.” That made my day. I was “beautiful” according to this lovely-looking lady who was at least 20 years younger than me.
Karla was not only fun, she laughed a lot, danced to the music after my hair was done, and generally made me realize that joy resides in her ‘estetica’ ( beauty salon).
She is a beauty. So next time, you need a hair fix, a face “lift” and a smile at your lips, you just poke your head in and say: “Karla, I need you.” The cost for all of this was $25. In Canada, it would have cost close to $250.00! Just ask for Karla’s Estetica. Her address is: Lopéz Cotilla #361-A; her cell is 333-506-34-13.
Karla (left) / Nancy (right)




 Also posted on: http://mattersofpersonalinterests.blogspot.com/2012/01/most-creative-hairdresser-in-chapala.html   

No comments:

Post a Comment