Tuesday 19 May 2015

Bois de Belle Rivière is glorious!





by Nancy Snipper

 More than just a beautiful jaunt through nature, this park offers a host of art, man-made ponds with gold fish, an art display area, horseback riding and athletic activities in its gym zone and so much more.
Gardens abound and I particularly loved the thousands of, pink and white trilliums – even purple ones growing naturally along the Sentier principal cut through the woods. This trail is 6-kilometres – about two hours to do, and there are no hills. Plaques at every turn designate the type of tree one is looking at – there are over 30 kinds to enjoy.
I loved the fact I could take my dog, and I noticed that there is even fishing in the ponds and bike paths. Few parks can give you such a grand variety of things to do – dog beside you.


 Picnic tables and artists setting up their easels in fields abound. I will definitely return so I can explore the 19-kilometre network of trails – all stunningly groomed – all wide and easy to walk on.




Entrance is $6 for adults, $2 for younger ones (6 to 16) another dollar for your dog. It’s so close to Montreal; it took me only 40 minutes to get there; just head for St Eustache and it’s about 10 minutes from there. By the way, they have cabins to overnight in at a cost, of course.




For more information, call (450) 258-0085. Visit: www.boisdebelleriviere.com

No comments:

Post a Comment