Wednesday 30 March 2016

Café Pueblo Mágico



 
Filling and Authentic

Reviewed by Nancy Snipper

I had Maria cook me chilaquiles and my plate overfloweth with everything, including a fried egg, frijoles and my main dish and cheese, chicken and cream. Because it was chilaquiles divorciados, I got to have red and green sauce on either side of my main dish. I loved my nut, strawberry and yogurt/milk drink. The cappuccino was great.

Fabulous Juices - no sugar – no fattening frills
The juices are second to none – 11 different kinds – all natural and sugar-free. I had a juice of lime, pineapple orange and spinach. It was called The Vitamin. It was
 excellent – as was the cheese and ham omelet served with thin grilled oatmeal toast with home-made guava and marmalade jam, frijoles, warmed cherry tomatoes and potatoes (pass on the potats).There is a choice of 6 types of chilaquiles, 9 omelets and so many hearty dishes. This little outdoor café with its two indoor tables is a winner. But there is so much on your plate that all sauces tend to run into one another. Just under 5 feet, sweet Maria is Mágica in her own way. No sooner do you order, and Maria has it for you within seconds. What a homey place!

The address is Salida a Celaya #23 in San Miguel.

No comments:

Post a Comment